CITY OF FAIR OAKS RANCH
Current road closures and detours; please check back regularly for updates. Sign up to receive updates in your email and on your phone with NewsFlashes
- Feb. 27 - March 31: Meadow Creek Trail will be closed and detoured for culvert construction and roadway reconstruction
- Feb. 27 - April 14: Silver Spur will be flagged as needed for trenching and drainage work
- Feb. 27 - March 31: Intrepid will be closed and detoured onto Robin Dale until the water line is installed
Roads closed for construction work will be closed between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm on weekdays. Roads will be open evenings and weekends. During work hours the street will remain accessible to school buses, mail delivery, trash collection and emergency services.
During these times, please follow detour signs for the alternate route. You can download a copy of the current map here. Thank you for your patience as we work to safely improve the City’s infrastructure.
Roads selected for repairs are shown in the map above, with colors and icons indicating types of repairs. Traffic delays or detours will be noted on the map, when and if they occur.
The City of Fair Oaks Ranch is repairing just over 8 miles of roads and installing nearly 4 miles of water lines in selected parts of the City to revitalize public infrastructure during 2015-17.
This project will improve road drivability and water service, thereby protecting the City’s investment and preparing for future needs. Included in the project are repairs of roads and drainage structures, armoring of erosion issues, and mitigation of recurring flooding concerns in several areas. A roadway study was done to determine which streets should be completed first, based on condition and value to the community, among other factors. New water lines are being installed to improve the water system infrastructure and in anticipation of future water needs. Funding is being provided by the City Enterprise Fund.
Funding for the road work is provided by Road Reconstruction Bonds approved by city residents in November 2014.
The City’s Roadway Reconstruction Project is designed to accomplish 3 things:
Improve drivability of selected streets.
Improve drainage in selected areas.
Enlarge or extend water lines.
Street repairs will be completed in a variety of ways, depending on the nature of the deficiency and the street’s overall rating from the road evaluation report.
- Rehabilitation (Mill and Overlay)
The Roadway Reconstruction Project is intended to benefit the residents of Fair Oaks Ranch in several ways:
- Extends the life of city roads.
- Improves drainage.
- Maintains infrastructure in a cost-effective manner.
- Expands/improves the water system infrastructure to improve service and anticipate future needs.
- Minimizes inconvenience to the public by doing road and water work at the same time.