The Roadway Reconstruction Project is designed to restore and enhance roads and drainage so that safety, infrastructure and water quality are maintained.
A little more than 8 miles of roads will be repaired, nearly 4 miles of water lines will be laid and drainage systems will be reconstructed. For a map of the project, click here.
Funding for the road work is provided by Road Reconstruction Bonds approved by city residents in November 2014. Water line work is being funded through the City Enterprise Fund.
Rehabilitating roads and completing water line improvements at the same time minimizes inconvenience to the public.
|Design Phase||Construction Phase||Work Complete|
|Nov 2015 - July 2016||July 2016 - October 2017||October 2017|
Over the course of several years, problems with deteriorating streets in Fair Oaks Ranch became evident.
So in 2010, the city commissioned a road study to determine where streets had degraded and the nature of the deterioration.
As part of the pavement study, a recommendation was made that all streets be surveyed every five years. The five-year cycle helps the city develop a prioritization schedule for the necessary repairs.
Around the time of the 2010 road study, localized drainage issues also became apparent. Erosion and drainage structure deterioration hampered efficient flow of storm water runoff.
In November 2014, voters approved a bond proposal providing $7 million for roadway and drainage improvements. Also included in the Roadway Reconstruction Project are water line improvements. The extension and expansion of water lines are being funded through the City of Fair Oaks Ranch Enterprise Fund.
Steven Dean, P.E., CFM, Project Manager
Vice President, Public Works, Pape-Dawson Engineers, Inc.
- Over 22 years experience
- Expertise in developing plans, specifications and estimates for roadway, utility and drainage improvement projects
- Experience in conducting hydrology and hydraulics studies of local creeks and drainage ways for Federal Emergency Management Agency submittals
- Developing roadway rehabilitation and reconstruction plans and construction management
- Previous project management experience on City of Fair Oaks Ranch Parkway Culvert Replacement
Laura Raun, Public Outreach
President, Laura Raun Public Relations
- Over 35 years experience
- Award-winning public relations practitioner with expertise in public outreach and stakeholder input
- Proven experience in message development, presentations, social media and media relations
- Experience with City of Fair Oaks Ranch as part of TCEQ’s Source Water Assessment and Protection Program
Eric J. Neuner, P.E., Geotechnical Engineering
Geotechnical Engineer and Associate of Raba Kistner Consultants, Inc.
- Over 15 years experience
- Expertise in geotechnical analysis and construction services for various sized roadways, pavements, bridges, utilities and facilities.