Current road closures and detours.
Sign up to receive updates in your email and on your phone with NewsFlashes and text alerts.
Here's a near-term look ahead of streets impacted:
- Aug. 13-14: Westbound Fair Oaks Parkway will be closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. between Les Pfeiffer Drive and Interstate 10. Signs will be placed to direct traffic to the Interstate 10 frontage road.
- July 5 - Aug. 31: Fair Oaks Parkway will have a new water main installed. Traffic patterns will be modified. Motorists should proceed with caution along route, around work vehicles and passing by crew members.
Roads closed for construction work generally will be closed from an hour after sunrise to an hour before sunset on weekdays. Roads will be open evenings and weekends. During work hours the street will generally remain accessible to school buses, mail delivery, trash collection and emergency services unless otherwise noted. If trash cannot be collected on the assigned day, it will be picked up the following day.
During road closures and detours, please follow detour signs for alternate routes. Thank you for your patience as we work to safely improve the City’s infrastructure.
Construction work to improve roads and water systems in Fair Oaks Ranch began in October 2016 and will continue through October 2017.
The repair of street surfaces and drainage structures will impact traffic movement in and around construction sites – so timely information will be provided on this page to minimize disruption.
See where repair work is being done in this map.
|Intrepid||Sunland||Wembley||Sky Blue||Scarteen||Rolling Acres||Meadow Creek||Scintilla||Softwind||Slumberwood||Dapper Dan||Turf Paradise||Pimlico||Clydesdale||Dietz Elkhorn||Silver Spur||Rock Oak||Fair Oaks Pkwy.|
= Road Repair = Water & Drainage Repair =Road Closure =Detour
Work will start on the north side of the city and continue southward towards IH 10. Motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists may be impacted as follows:
- Detours – traffic may be re-routed around construction zones to ensure safe movement of cars, pedestrians, bicyclists, construction equipment and materials within the public right of way (shoulder and parkway area)
- Flaggers - construction workers may use flags to control traffic
- Traffic control devices - barricades, panels, plastic drums, etc. may be used to guide traffic through construction zones in an orderly fashion
Please pay close attention to all construction signage and drive slowly around construction zones – for the safety of all.